Saturday 14 January 2023

SIMPLEX SATURDAY 14 01 2023 IN KNYSNA

 Good Day Hammies


What a lovely day it was in Knysna, a bit warm as my wife got sunburn and my shoulders tanned a bit lol.

Otherwise, the waves were beautiful and blue with small vessels steering the ocean. ZS1COR manned again the field station with a Kenwood TS2000, 2x100amp batteries with and a 10m telescopic pole with a dual band antenna.

Having LMR400 and RG58 combined for better propagation, condition was not too bad.


I made a couple of contacts on simplex, 144.400,145.500 towards Mosselbay, Stilbay and Knysna. I brought with me a hand dual band 2m and 70cm yagi, it was not working right, so popped in by ZS2CX and tested the 1x wire were loose, going back home ZS1COR decided to repair it still the same day.


About after 17:00 the yagi could trigger the 145.750 on the ground with my handheld radio so I started to put up the 10m telescopic pole in the air with my handheld radio, first beaming towards Knysna, Johan could be about 3/5, the yagi was vertical, then changing it to horizontal I received Johan ZS2CX 5/5 and the same from his side.

Showing us that vertical and horizontal can pretty much make or break your long distance QSO's.

Have fun guys with your antennas and send us your pictures and info so we can share it.


Best 73's.























                                           




                                            







No comments:

Post a Comment

BEST HF RADIOS...

 Very interesting the 20 watt radios is second on the list of best radios? So not always needed for 100 whiskeys…. • Best HF Radio Reviews...